Course status on Thursday 18 April: All holes open, green fee £30.00.
A brief history
- 1889 – Forres Golf Club is formed; the first golf course of 18-holes is located between Kinloss & Findhorn.
- 1901 – The golf course at Findhorn reverts to 9-holes; this is due to tidal erosion & flooding problems.
- 1904 – The Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel opens a 9-hole course called Muiryshade Golf Course; this is designed by former Open Champion James Braid.
- 1904 – An exhibition match on September 5th 1904 between two former British Open champion’s Harry Vardon, James Braid, the 1903 Open Champion Jack White & Joseph Dalgleish the professional for the Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel, officially open the course.
- 1904 – Forres Golf Club moves from their original course at Findhorn to the new course at Muiryshade, they have limited times for members to play golf, as it owners the Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel giving priority to hotel guests.
- 1912 – Willie Park (1894 Open Champion) redesigns the course into an 18-hole golf course measuring over 6000 yards.
- 1944 – Sir Robert McVitie Grant of Logie buys the golf course from the Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel and gifts the course to the people of Forres.
- 1965 – Agreement made to build two new holes. The new 7th & 8th holes are created and the layout of the course changes to what we are playing today.
Club Council 2018/2019
- Captain: Murray Drummond
- Vice Captain: Colin MacKay
- Match Secretary: Rob Blakey
- Robert McKerron
- Colin Fleetham
- Bryan Fotheringham
- Eileen Pryde
- Avril Hislop
- Kerwin Farquhar
Club Manager: Alastair Summers
Course Management Committee 2018/2019
- Chairman: Colin Fleetham
- Ronnie Macdonald
- Avril Hislop
- Brian Higgs
- Colin MacKay
- Stan Thompson
- Murray Drummond
- Scott Falconer
- Bob Strachan
Course Manager: Sandy Aird
Minutes of both the Club Council and the Forres Course Management Committee proceedings are added to the Notice Board in the Clubhouse.