A brief history
- 1889 – Forres Golf Club is formed; the first golf course of 18-holes is located between Kinloss & Findhorn.
- 1901 – The golf course at Findhorn reverts to 9-holes; this is due to tidal erosion & flooding problems.
- 1904 – The Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel opens a 9-hole course called Muiryshade Golf Course; this is designed by former Open Champion James Braid.
- 1904 – An exhibition match on September 5th 1904 between two former British Open champion’s Harry Vardon, James Braid, the 1903 Open Champion Jack White & Joseph Dalgleish the professional for the Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel, officially open the course.
- 1904 – Forres Golf Club moves from their original course at Findhorn to the new course at Muiryshade, they have limited times for members to play golf, as it owners the Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel giving priority to hotel guests.
- 1912 – Willie Park (1894 Open Champion) redesigns the course into an 18-hole golf course measuring over 6000 yards.
- 1944 – Sir Robert McVitie Grant of Logie buys the golf course from the Cluny Hill Hydropathic Hotel and gifts the course to the people of Forres.
- 1965 – Agreement made to build two new holes. The new 7th & 8th holes are created and the layout of the course changes to what we are playing today.
Club Board 2022/2023
- Captain: Bob Strachan
- Vice Captain: Kenny Paterson
- Colin Fleetham
- Brian Higgs
- Frank Allan
- Rhona Cameron
- Colin Mackay
- Isobel Taylor
- Murray Drummond
- Bob MacLeod
- Joe Snape
- Sandy Aird
Club Manager: Sean Blacklaw
Minutes of both the Board proceedings are added to the Notice Board in the Clubhouse.